Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Half A Rainbow (Finished!)

Is there anything more satisfying than finishing an entire sweater? No. I don't think so.
A job well done, I say!

It was a frustrating journey, but I think I have to say that this turned out pretty much exactly how I imagined it. Isn't it great when that happens?

After all of my problems and issues with simply casting on for the v-neck, I decided that I wasn't going to fiddle with trying to make an absolutely perfect v-neck. Instead, I simply picked up stitches around the entire collar and did it in the round (K2P2 ribbing). I guess you'd call this more of a "scoop neck". No matter!

And have I mentioned how much I hate sleeves?!? So many of my sweaters have half-sleeves because I absolutely hate making sleeves that go all the way down to my wrists -- or hands, as I like my sweaters to cover about half of my hand. Unfortunately, the sleeves on this sweater are just a teeny bit too short and a little too wide around. Humbug. Can't have everything be perfect, can we?

If anyone is interested in sweater specs, let me know. I'm still unsure as to whether or not I want to write up a pattern for it to sell or if I'll just give people what I can from my notes.

***

Now that the sweater is done, I'm already onto the next project -- a mini Clapotis! Maybe I'll cast on for a second pair of knee socks while I'm at it.

Although I can already feel the pull of another -- who knows which -- sweater trying to call me in...any sweater suggestions?

No comments: